Hoodland Fire District #74: Deputy Chief
Location: Welches, Oregon
Salary: $116,000.00 to $124,775.00 DOQ
Hoodland Fire District #74 is seeking a strong leader with vision and creativity to serve as the new Deputy Chief. Qualified candidates will possess knowledge, skills, and abilities in fire and emergency services and a level of competency commonly associated with an Officer/Supervisor. Candidates must be a licensed Oregon paramedic or a paramedic with reciprocity to work in Oregon by the date of hire. Candidates will possess and maintain the certifications or equivalent of NFPA Firefighter II, NFPA Operations Level Responder, NIMS ICS 100, 200, 300, and 400.
- The candidate must be a licensed Oregon paramedic or a paramedic with reciprocity to work in Oregon by the date of hire.
- NFPA Firefighter II current and active DPSST certification or equivalent
- NFPA Operations Level Responder current and active DPSST certification or equivalent
- NIMS ICS 100, 200, 300, and 400
- Minimum five (5) years documented structural firefighting experience (paid, volunteer, military or combination thereof)
- Minimum five (5) years documented Officer/Supervisor experience (paid, volunteer, military or combination thereof)
- Minimum five (5) years documented Chief Officer or experience with having direct responsibilities for a program that constitutes direct management responsibilities for personnel, budget, operations, and long term projects (paid, volunteer, military or combination thereof)
- EFO, CFO, or equivalent and/or BA in business or public administration
- MA in business of public administration
- Management responsibilities in a unionized environment
- Supervising civilian support staff
- Working with volunteer firefighters
- Working with community volunteers
- Public sector budgeting and finance
- Public sector governance
- Working collaboratively with state and/or federal agencies
- Emergency ambulance/patient transport
Applications will not be accepted electronically. Applications and Supporting Documents need to be mailed or hand delivered to:
Hooland Fire District #74 - Attn: Deputy Chief Recruitment - 69634 E. Hwy 26 - Welches, OR. 97067
All required documentation must be received on or before February 28, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
(Mailed applications must be postmarked on or before February 24, 2020)
Application materials can accessed through the attachments at the bottom of this page. Application materials can also be picked up in person, emailed, or sent via USPS mail. To request an application materials contact Carol Norgard by phone (503) 622-3256 or by email (redacted)
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020 by 5:00 pm.
ATTACHMENTSDeputy Chief FlyerDeputy Chief AnnouncementDeputy Chief ApplicationDeputy Chief Job Description